Wilmington relaunches, reinforces ‘It is Time’ marketing campaign
For the past two years, It’s Time – a dedicated campaign promoting the endless offerings, pride and diverse people of Wilmington – has showcased the best of this progressive city. With the toll of COVID-19 impacting the local economy – specifically the small business and hospitality sectors – the It’s Time council is relaunching this crucial campaign to jumpstart the economy. The call to action is clear – IT’S TIME – Wilmington is OPEN for business.
Wilmington, Delaware’s largest city, feeds off the energy and connections of good people, the economic impact of entrepreneurial businesses and the potential of what’s next. The city, with its prime Northeast location, is open to new experiences, believes in continuous learning from others and celebrates diversity and change.
“Reintroducing It’s Time is fundamental to who we are as a city which is comprised of wonderfully interesting people with equally interesting stories to tell,” Wilmington Mayor Mike Purzycki said in a statement. “The It’s Time campaign is how we share our City’s progressive profile with our own residents as well as with the nation and the world. And, even though we are coping with a pandemic that has changed life for most of us, we still need to infuse our local small businesses, hospitality, retailers, and restaurants with compassion, care and support because Wilmington is OPEN for business. While we continue to take extensive public health precautions to stay ahead of the pandemic, let’s safely enjoy the City for all it has to offer, because we will get through this and be stronger when it’s over.”
Kicking off today, It’s Time relaunches in an environment ripe and ready for virtual and digital distribution:
- New regional television commercials and digital media advertisements produced by local firm, Sort Order Production House. These three segments “Open for Good Times, We’re Back in Business, & Our City is Back” will air through December across 32 networks.
- Newly designed campaign websites wilmington.love and WilmToday.com created by Wilmington based agency, Tapp Network. WilmToday is the social news platform offshoot of Wilmington.Love encompassing positive news, blogs, events, and posts.
- Intensive Social Media Marketing through YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter to drive engagement, excitement, and reach.
- In-Person (masks required) + Live Streamed Events
- Neighborhood Campaigns run by the It’s Time campaign personality along with local ambassadors to promote and enlist small businesses and patrons to join the campaign. The initial neighborhood campaign will kick off with the launch September 28th on the Riverfront. The first socially-distanced community event will take place at Constitution Yards on Saturday, October 10 at 1:00pm, offering locals and visitors introductions to the IT’S TIME team and Riverfront business owners.
The second introduction of the campaign remains true to the original platform, offering an outlet to tell the powerful stories of Wilmington’s diverse people, places and happenings. Simultaneously, the revitalized campaign celebrates what’s new and how the city has adapted and is committed to making a difference.
“Watching our resilient, diverse community navigate this global crisis has demonstrated what’s best about our city,” Ben Cordova, operator of I.M. Coffee, a local craft coffee shop located in the base of the iconic I.M. Pei building in downtown Wilmington, said in a statement. “We have remained open since the onset of the pandemic in March and the local response has been overwhelmingly grateful. Now it’s time to share this pride and passion beyond our diverse community, showcasing nationally what Wilmington, Delaware has to offer. We hope you will support this vital cause. Wilmington welcomes everyone to join us.”
The campaign is funded by the private sector, managed by Tapp Network.