Wilmington Mayor Shares Announcement From Governor Carney, DPH And DEMA About Neighborhood Coronavirus Testing Websites In Delaware
November 30, 2020
Delaware Governor John Carney, the Department of Public Health (DPH), and the Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) today released a list of community testing sites throughout the State of Delaware for this week. Mayor Mike Purzycki joins the Governor and state agencies in urging residents to get tested for COVID-19. The Mayor also reminds everyone to keep themselves and their family and friends safe by wearing a mask, keeping socially distanced, and washing your hands frequently. The Governor’s news release follows.
Delaware Governor John Carney
Governor Carney, DPH, DEMA Announce Community COVID-19 Testing Sites
State agencies encourage COVID-19 testing
WILMINGTON, Del. – Governor John Carney, the Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH), and the Delaware Emergency Management Agency (DEMA) announced the list of community testing sites throughout Delaware this week. Testing locations listed below include pop-up and Curative trailer sites.
“Getting tested after you’ve been with others outside of your household will help us track the spread of COVID-19, but it’s also necessary to follow basic prevention measures that we know work,” said Governor Carney. “Wear a mask. Avoid social gatherings with folks outside of your household. Stay home if you’re sick. We need everyone to double down on their efforts in order to limit the spread of this virus.”
DEMA has coordinated community sites this week in addition to sites at Walgreens and at various hospitals and health care locations. Delawareans can view COVID-19 testing locations and reserve a spot at de.gov/gettested.
Delawareans are encouraged to check the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services’ social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) for testing location updates due to inclement weather.
New Castle County Pop-Up Testing Locations
- Monday, November 30 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Warner Elementary School (801 W 18th Street, Wilmington, DE 19802)
- Monday, November 30 from 12:30 p.m. – 7 p.m.: P.S. duPont Middle School (701 W. 34th S, Wilmington DE 19802)
- Tuesday, December 1 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: University of Delaware Laird Campus, Lot 6 (David Hollowell Drive, Newark, DE 19716)
- Tuesday, December 1 from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Glasgow High School (1901 S. College Avenue, Newark, DE 19702)
- Wednesday, December 2 from 12 p.m. – 4 p.m.: ChristianaCare Christiana Hospital, Portal 1 Parking (4755 Ogletown Stanton Rd, Newark, DE 19718)
- Wednesday, December 2 from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.: Kirk Middle School (140 Brennen Drive, Newark, DE 19713)
- Thursday, December 3 from 12 p.m. – 6 p.m.: The Bancroft School (700 N. Lombard Street, Wilmington, DE 19801)
- Friday, December 4 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Woodlawn Library (2020 W 9th St, Wilmington, DE 19805)
- Friday, December 4 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Townsend Fire Company (107 Main Street, Townsend, DE 19734)
- Saturday, December 5 from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Newark Charter School (200 McIntire Drive, Newark, DE 19711)
- Saturday, December 5 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: New Mount Olive Baptist Church (4412 Washington St., Wilmington, DE 19802)
Kent County Pop-Up Testing Locations
- Monday, November 30 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Milford High School Football Stadium (1019 N Walnut St, Milford, DE 19963)
- Tuesday, December 1 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Hartly Fire Company (2898 Arthursville Rd, Hartly, DE 19953)
- Thursday, December 3 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: First Pilgrim Baptist Church (27 S Caesar Rodney Ave, Camden, DE 19934)
- Thursday, December 3 from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Transformation AME Zion Church (702 Maple Parkway Dover, DE 19901)
- Saturday, December 5 from 10 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.: Centennial United Methodist Church (44 E Mount Vernon St, Smyrna, DE 19977)
Sussex County Pop-Up Testing Locations
- Monday, November 30 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Woodbridge Middle School (307 S Laws St, Bridgeville, DE 19933)
- Tuesday, December 1 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Ellendale Fire Department (302 Main St, Ellendale, DE 19941)
- Wednesday, December 2 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Indian River High School (29772 Armory Rd, Dagsboro, DE 19939)
- Wednesday, December 2 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Woodbridge Early Childhood Education Center (400 Governors Ave, Greenwood, DE 19950)
- Thursday, December 3 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Delaware Technical Community College – Owens Campus (21179 College Dr, Georgetown, DE 19947)
- Friday, December 4 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Laurel Elementary School (815 South, N Central Ave, Laurel, DE 19956)
- Saturday, December 5 from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: Epworth United Methodist Church (19285 Holland Glade Rd, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971)
Anyone with a question about COVID-19, whether related to medical or social service needs, should call Delaware 2-1-1. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing can text their ZIP code to 898-211. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Download COVID Alert DE in the App Store or Google Play.
Report a business for COVID-19 non-compliance using this form.
DPH will continue to update the public as more information becomes available. For the latest on Delaware’s response, go to de.gov/coronavirus.
This press release was produced by the City of Wilmington. The views expressed here are the author’s own.