This is a moderately complex technical bookkeeping work requiring knowledge of creating and maintaining utility customer account files, and reviewing and correcting change listings to insure accurate billing. Processes payments, prepares daily deposits and balances cash drawer daily. Provides clerical assistance (ex. answering Phones, typing and filing) to City Hall employees as needed. Provides professional, effective and efficient public service assistance to the general public. This position also assists with building applications, permits, and inspection paperwork.
Essential Job Functions:
- Receive and process customer utility bill payments, verify correct billing amount with customer account, receive deposits and the initiation or termination of utilities serve, and prepares final billings for distribution.
- Screen and direct calls for City Hall Office, Water Utilities, Street Department, Public Works and visitors as appropriate; answer questions and provide information to the public, make customer referrals to proper department or staff for resolution.
- Assists residents and contractors with all paperwork and applications regarding contractor registration, permits, fees, drawings, etc. This also includes anything involving residential and commercial builds.
- Provide administrative support to the City Administrator and City Secretary when needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of proper public contact and telephone etiquette.
- General bookkeeping practices.
- Ability to perform simultaneous clerical functions.
- Knowledge of desktop computer operations and standard applications software.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to work well with others.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must possess a valid Texas Driver’s license.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screening which the City pays the cost.
- Must be able to be bonded.
- Can understand and carry out oral and written directions.
- Communicate well with others, both verbally and in writing.
Deadline to apply: Thursday, July 28, 2017 at noon.
*Disclaimer: As a guidance document, this Job Description is subject to modification by the City Council
at any time. This document is not a contract for employment. Nothing herein shall be construed as
modifying the City of Hearne’s at-will employment policy.