DelDOT particulars lane, exit closings in preparation for I-95 Wilmington mission
Reading Time: < 1 minute
Work is underway on the Interstate 95 project in Wilmington after a weather-related delay last week.
The project includes extensive work on the nearly 60-year-old interstate stretch, which has aging viaducts.
Preliminary work includes installing concrete barriers and pavement striping will require various closures on I-95 southbound through Feb. 26. Motorists are asked to use routes I-495 or US 13.
After weekend work, I-95 southbound will have reduced through lanes between the Route 202 interchange and the I-295 split. I-95 southbound on and off-ramps will remain open during the Phase I period.
- Single I-95 southbound lane available (US 202 Interchange to I-295 Split) – until 4 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 22.
- Full closure of I-95 southbound (Exit 6/MLK Boulevard to I-295 Split) – 10 p.m. on Saturday, February 20 until 6:30 a.m. on Sunday, Feb. 21 and from 10 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 21 until 4 a.m. on Monday, February 22.
- Access to I-95 SB from Martin Luther King Boulevard westbound closed: 10 p.m. on Sat., Feb. 20. Motorists can use 2nd Street to access I-95 SB.
- Single I-95 southbound lane available (Exit 7/ Delaware Avenue to I-295 split): 7 p.m. through 6 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 22 through Friday, Feb. 26.
- Full closing of I-95 southbound (Exit 7B, SR 52 North/Delaware Avenue to 2nd Street On-Ramp): 10 p.m. on Tue., Feb. 23 until 4 a.m. on Wed., Feb. 24, and 10 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 24 until 4 a.m. on Thursday, Feb. 25.