Delaware man discovered responsible of mass capturing that left three lifeless | State
Radee Prince was found guilty of shooting five co-workers, three of them fatally, at an Edgewood, Maryland, countertop shop in 2017, just hours before he drove to Delaware where he shot a Wilmington business owner in the face.
Wednesday’s decision moves the trial into the next phase, where jurors will consider whether Prince is criminally responsible – Maryland’s version of the insanity defense. The second portion of the trial is scheduled to start at to 2 p.m. Wednesday with his defense attorney saying they expected to have one witness.
It took jurors less than 24 hours to find Prince guilty of three first-degree murders, two attempted murders and two weapons charges.
The Maryland verdict comes 29 months after Delaware jurors found Prince guilty of attempted manslaughter and other charges related to the Oct. 18, 2017, shooting of Rashan “Jason” Baul in Wilmington. This shooting occurred about two hours after Prince shot his Maryland co-workers.
Radee L/ Prince
Surveillance video from inside Baul’s used car dealership shows the shooting and Prince telling his victim to “bleed out, bitch.” Baul was shot in the face and pelvis.
Prince was sentenced to 40 years in prison for shooting Baul.
Radee Prince, Maryland mass shooting suspect, found guilty of attempted manslaughter
Screengrab of surveillance footage of Radee Prince at the shooting scene in Delaware.
Surveillance video also played a part in Prince’s Maryland trial, which started last week.
“It is chilling to actually watch the murder of three men and attempted murder of two others, but it is caught on tape,” Maryland Assistant State’s Attorney Timothy J. Doory told jurors in closing arguments Tuesday.
The video showed Prince motioning for his Advanced Granite Solutions co-workers to gather around him on the morning of Oct. 18, 2017.
Prince testified last week he called the meeting in order to stop his co-workers from taunting him, but during the meeting he said one of the co-workers made a “threatening gesture.”
That’s when he pulled out his gun and began shooting people – some of which was not captured by the video because there was an obstruction.
Killed in the attack were Bayarsaikhan Tudev, 53, of Virginia; Jose Hidalgo Romero, 34, of Aberdeen, Maryland; and Enis Mrvoljak, 48, of Dundalk, Maryland. The men were shot in the head.
Also shot, but not killed, were Enoc Sosa of North East, Maryland, and Jose Roberto Flores Guillen of Edgewood, Maryland. Both testified last week.
After running out of the shop and getting into his car, a co-worker in a different part of the business saw him and asked what had happened.
“I don’t know. I’m going for help,” Prince said as he drove away.
Prince purchased ammunition at a Walmart before heading to Baul’s business.
“The video showed you some of what happened, but the real issue is for you to decide why it happened,” Prince’s defense attorney Mary Pizzo told jurors.
Prince’s defense argued their client suffers from several mental disorders that were heightened after a 2014 assault in Wilmington that left him in a coma and caused him to become distrusting and paranoid of everyone.
Pizzo asked jurors to consider Prince’s mental state: “Mr. Prince honestly had the beliefs, by all accounts, that someone was going to get him. Out to kill him.”
Radee L. Prince, 37, of Belvedere being taken into custody in Glasgow Oct. 2017.
“Mr. Prince is not a monster,” she told jurors. “He’s a person who has a serious emotional problem.
“He had a delusional belief that people were out to get him and he acted on that belief.”
Contact Esteban Parra at (302) 324-2299, email@example.com or Twitter @eparra3.